Not able to decide which is the Best SiteGround plan to start a self-hosted WordPress blog in 2019? Then I can help you to choose the best SiteGround plan by comparing all 3 SiteGround WordPress hosting plans: StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek.
SiteGround offers 3 different hosting plans: StartUP, GrowBig, and GoGeek. The StartUp plan is the cheapest plan in SiteGround Pricing. But if you are ready to pay $2 extra, you will find GrowBig plan is the best SiteGround plan with almost every premium features. The GoGeek plan is like a semi-dedicated plan which is good for high traffic sites & costly compared to others.
Best for Beginners
Best For Bloggers
Best For High Traffic Site
SiteGround Pricing 2020: Which SiteGround Hosting Plan Is Best For WordPress?
The biggest problem people find to decide among these 3 different SiteGround hosting plans is there Price & traffic limit. I am going to help you to choose the best SiteGround hosting plan for your website.
Before starting with this guide, let me clear that Bluehost shared hosting plan has basically 3 types of packages and they are
StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek (Which is The Best SiteGround Plan For 2020)
Let’s find out which SiteGround hosting is best for bloggers. Before I share the difference between Siteground GrowBig, GoGeek & StartUP packages, let’s explore the key features of every package. You will clearly find which WordPress plan to choose after reading the key features.
1. SiteGround StartUp Review 2020
Crafted for a Great WordPress Start
As the name suggests, StartUp is a very basic plan from SiteGround. This is the minimum plan where one can host a single website and start a website by spending the cheapest price.
Features of SiteGround StartUp plan
- You can host maximum 1 website only.
- This package doesn’t offer SuperCacher technology.
- The maximum visitor allowed is up to 10,000 Visits Monthly
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate & HTTPS
- 10 GB Web Space
- Can only host 1 website
- Limited resources like good for less traffic, less disk space.
- No Free daily backup feature
How much does SiteGround StartUp plan cost?
- This package cost only $3.95/month (Regular $11.95/mo)
2. SiteGround GrowBig Review 2019
Crafted for Growing WordPress Sites
GrowBig is the next plan after StartUp plan. This is the plan I have purchased and hosted this website. I need a good web hosting plan where I can host multiple websites. GrowBig is just little costlier than StartUp but will give you access to all awesome features of SiteGround shared hosting plan.
I have shared a detailed review of SiteGround GrowBig Plan and explained why this is the best SiteGround plan.
Key highlights of the SiteGround GrowBig Plan
- You can host Unlimited Websites
- 20 GB Web Space
- 25,000 Visits Monthly which is good enough to start working on
- Enjoy all premium SiteGround features like SuperCacher, Free Backup Restore.
- You will get a Free website transfer which is simply amazing. Generally, SiteGround charges $30 for that and if you are using Bluehost then it is around $140.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate & HTTPS
- Get priority support and fast response from their technical team. SiteGround support is rated #1 in many Facebook polls.
SiteGround StartUp Vs GrowBig (Advantages)
- Host unlimited websites.
- More space, 20GB & can handle more traffic 25,000.
- Enjoy all premium features like Free backup, SuperCacher, priority support, etc.
- You have to pay only $2 extra from StartUp Plan, which was $3.95/mo. When GrowBig will cost you only $5.95/mo.
Disadvantages of GrowBig Plan
- Can only handle maximum traffic up to 25,000/mo visits
- Don’t have advanced priority support
- Don’t have the advanced staging feature
How much does SiteGround GrowBig Plan cost?
- This package cost only $5.95/month (Regular $19.95/mo)
3. SiteGround GoGeek Review 2019 (Semi-Dedicated Hosting)
Crafted for Real WordPress Geeks
SiteGround GoGeek plan is a quite advanced plan. This is also known as a semi-dedicated plan. This is the plan with some advanced features like One-click staging for WordPress and Joomla. In fact, a better & cheap alternative to WPEngine hosting as well.
If your website is getting more traffic and consuming more resources than this plan is highly recommended. In fact, you can consider this plan as SiteGround VPS equivalent package only.
Features of SiteGround GoGeek Plan
- You can host unlimited websites
- Provide advanced features like One-click WordPress Staging, SG-Git for WordPress repo creation etc.
- The maximum visitor allowed is up to 100,000 Visits Monthly
- Although they offer 30 copies of free auto daily backups, you can also request for more.
- This server is also PCI compliance which is recommended for an E-commerce website.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate & HTTPS
- 30 GB Web Space
SiteGround GrowBig Vs GoGeek (Why GoGeek Is Best)
- Much faster hosting due to more resources & advanced features.
- Priority support to get a faster solution of hosting issues.
- Includes eCommerce features like Wildcard SSL + PCI compliance
- The only problem is the high renewal prices.
How much does SiteGround GoGeek hosting cost?
- This package cost only $11.95/month (Regular $34.95/mo)
This plan is quite costly compared to GrowBig plan and not recommended for beginners. If you want a cheap VPS alternative, then the SiteGround GoGeek plan is for them.
Which SiteGround Hosting Plan Is Best For Bloggers (Cheap & Affordable)
I am sure you might have understood which SiteGround pricing plan will suit your blogging need. To make it simple again, let me summarize this article in simple 3 points.
Comparison SitGround Pricing Plans 2019 (which one should I pick)
- If you are running a simple website, just happy to start a single site then go for StartUP plan ($3.95/mo).
- If you are a blogger or Digital Marketer or Internet marketer and want to host a couple of websites on one good hosting, then GrowBig plan ($5.95/mo). This plan is far better compared to StartUp with a little extra payment of $2.00 only. I recommend SiteGround GrowBig Hosting Plan Only.
- In case you have a high traffic website or an E-Commerce or if you need staging functionality, then use the GoGeek plan ($11.95/mo). Quite an expensive plan for beginners.
Comparing SitGround Traffic Limitations
- StartUp: Suitable for ~10,000 visits monthly (Good for a fresh start)
- GrowBig: Suitable for ~ 25,000 visits monthly (Good for a growing site)
- GoGeek: Suitable for ~ 100,000 visits monthly (For high traffic websites)
You can understand what does that mean by these traffic limitations of SiteGround hosting. Generally, this doesn’t directly link with your website page views.
E.g. it is found that a website hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan with best optimization condition can handle up to 1 lakh page views (approx) as well. You can read this guide from SiteGround resources.
I am recommending SiteGround GrowBig Plan to all my readers. Because this is the best value for money plan with every premium feature which is required to start a blog.
You must go for 3 years plan to utilize this SiteGround 70% Discount offer. If you are in blogging & WordPress niche, then you can easily get back your money from few SiteGround affiliate sales. I got a few sales and able to recover my money in the first month itself.
So, the way to save huge on SiteGround Hosting renewal is to buy SiteGround for at least 36 months. I saved more than $539 when I bought the SiteGround GrowBig plan during last SiteGround Black Friday Sale.
So, if you are happy to decide on which SiteGround hosting is good for your website then use the below link to avail the 70% OFF SiteGround discount. No need to apply any SiteGround coupon code, as this discount will apply automatically on any SiteGround hosting plan for any duration.
I am sure that I have answered this question: Which SiteGround Plan Is Best for your blog with complete details. I tried to cover almost every single possibilities, benefits & drawbacks of SiteGround hosting and also shared why SiteGround in this range is far better compared to Bluehost, HostGator, GoDaddy, etc. Feel free to write your feedback & experiences by writing a comment below.
Who is Hosting This Website?
As a beginner, when you decide to start a blog on WordPress you are looking for the best WordPress hosting. To make your life easy, I have shared couple of articles on this topic.
Now, as you have decided to buy SiteGround hosting, you must know that which SiteGround plan will best be suited for your blog in 2020. There are many sites to check your website's hosting plan. E.g. https://hostingchecker.com.
Why SiteGround Is Best WordPress Hosting?
Now the questions is why I am recommending SiteGround as the Best WordPress Hosting for Bloggers? There are plenty of reasons to support my review. In this section, I will share some amazing feedback and online reviews available across the internet to understand why SiteGround is best.
First of all let me share few of the Facebook polls where many bloggers asked questions like:
- Which hosting you are using on your blogs?
- What hosting do you recommend?
- Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- Which hosting is worth every penny t hat you spend?
- What is the best web hosting?
#1 WordPress Hosting Company in Many Facebook Polls
And the answer to these polls are shared below. These are few of them, you will find many such Facebook polls where SiteGround has been nominated as #1 WordPress Hosting Company. You can visit my Facebook Group also and find many positive feedback about SiteGround Hosting. You can read my detailed review of SiteGround WordPress Hosting.
This is not the end. As many people are aware now that to run a fast loading website, to get a high security for your website you need a high-quality web hosting plans. That's where SiteGround hosting is different from others. Just check out their amazing premium features available with cheap WordPress Hosting plans as well.
#3 In the List of WordPress Recommended Hosting
In the list of Recommended WordPress Hosting, Bluehost is the #1 form a long time. But Bluehost receives many negative reviews online as they are acquired by EIG Group. Now in this list, SiteGround has make a position in #3. I believe this is a huge achievement for SiteGround and automatically proved how much good they are. You can read few of my comparison articles with SiteGround below.
Highly Secure & Fast SSD Servers
Speed is the most important feature to keep your website favorite with your readers in 2020. If your pages are loading slow, then readers will look for another website as retention of visitors has gone down significantly. So, make sure to get a good hosting with fast servers. That's where SiteGround is doing extremely well. Just check out the amazing speed technologies they offer with their hosting plans. So, which SiteGround plan is Best for Speed? If you have budget, go with SiteGround GoGeek plan.
#1 Web Hosting Affiliate Program (Earn High Commision)
This is not the end. If you host your blog on SiteGround, you can easily promote their hosting to your visitors as well. The SiteGround Affiliate Commission structure is very much profitable. If you can make more than 11+ sales every month, you can earn $100/sale which is incredible. I have shared a detailed review of SiteGround Affiliate Program.
Lots of Online Reviews & Positive Feedback
Well, this is not the end. Just check out few more amazing Online SiteGround Reviews on Twitter. Also shared by some of the most popular marketers.
For more authentic feedback about SiteGround Hosting, you can refer Trustpilot website. Yes, that is a user generated review website where SiteGround has been rated as Excellent.
FAQs Related To SiteGround Hosting Plans
What are the key differences between StartUP vs GrowBig or GoGeek?
All SiteGround plans are different from the basis of their resources. E.g. StartUp has 10 GB storage with 10,000 visit/mo traffic limit, GrowBig has 20 GB storage with 25,000 visit/mo traffic limit, GoGeek has 30 GB storage with 1,00,000 visit/mo traffic limit. Besides that, there are many other differences.
Is SiteGround GrowBig Better than StartUP Plan?
Yes, GrowBig has much higher resources and traffic limits. Not only that GrowBig has Free website transfer, priority support, free daily backup, and many more features with just an additional $2/mo cost.
Which SiteGround Plan Is Best For High Traffic Website?
SiteGround GoGeek plan is the best plan for a high traffic website which can hold up to 1,00,000 visits/mo. If your website is getting more traffic, then you can go for SiteGround Cloud Hosting plans as well.
Which SiteGround Plan Offers FREE Domain name?
SiteGround doesn't offer any free domain name with their hosting plan. In fact, I would not recommend buying a domain name with any hosting plan. Even if you compare StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek, none of these plans offers free domain names.