SiteGround GrowBig Review 2020
In this detailed SiteGround GrowBig Review I will share every single feature and compare with other popular WordPress hosting plans to show you why GrowBig is the Best SiteGround Plan. In the Shared Hosting domain, SiteGround GrowBig Plan offers many premium features at an affordable price.
30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You will get a 30 days money back guarantee. That means if you didn't find this product useful after purchase, within 30 days you can raise ticket for refund. They will take action on that as per their terms.
What Is SiteGround GrowBig Plan?
SiteGround hosting offers 3 types of plans: StartUp, GrowBig & GoGeek. As a beginner one can start with the StartUp plan. But if you compare StartUp Vs GrowBig, you will find GrowBig has more features like unlimited websites, Free migration, priority support, advanced-cache, more traffic limit, free backup & more by paying just $2 extra every month. When GoGeek is for high traffic sites with very expensive pricing.
SiteGround GrowBig is a far better plan compared to the SiteGround StartUp plan. SiteGround GrowBig is the best SiteGround Plan with the cheapest price. GrowBig comes with 20 GB space, unlimited websites, free website transfer, 25,000 visits/mo traffic limit and priority support. This is not the end, just pay additional $2/mo from StartUp plan and enjoy below features.
- Hosted Websites Unlimited
- Web Space 20 GB SSD Disk Space
- Monthly Bandwidth Unmetered
- Estimated Monthly Visitors ~25,000 Unique Visits
- Parked Domains/Subdomains Unlimited
- MySQL Databases Unlimited
- Free CMS Installation Yes
- Free Email Accounts Yes
- Enhanced cPanel + Softaculous Yes
- SiteGround SuperCacher Level 3 (All The Levels)
- Free Daily Automated Backups 30 Copies
- Free Backup Restoration Yes
- Free Backup On Demand No
- Pre-Installed Git No
- One-click Staging Yes
- Free Shopping Cart Installation Yes
- Free SSL Certificate Yes
- PCI Compliant Servers No
- Free Website Transfer Yes
SiteGround GrowBig Plan Review 2020 (Pros & Cons)
Well, I will share a detailed review of the SiteGround GrowBig Hosting package, but before that let me summarize what you are going to get by paying monthly $5.95 in your hosting package. I have already mentioned that GrowBig is far better compared to the StartUp plan when we compare the features.
Why SiteGround GrowBig Is Better Than StartUp Plan
- You can host unlimited websites on SiteGround GrowBig plan (compared to StartUp)
- SiteGround GrowBig Plan is just a few $2 costly from StartUp plan with many additional features
- Priority support (quick live chat + ticket response), not available in StartUp plan
- Advances SiteGround cache system to make your website load faster, not available in StartUp plan
- Enjoy free backup up to daily 30 (in case of StartUp, it’s daily 1), not available in StartUp plan
- More server resources mean more fast loading website
- Offers more storage, 20GB compared to 10GB of StartUp plan
- SiteGround GrowBig plan provides an email storage of 2000MB.
- You have a plan to start an eCommerce website, then SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-year Free Wildcard SSL. And for all sites Let’s encrypt SSL certificate is free for life.
- If you compare SiteGround GrowBig Vs Bluehost Plus plan, SiteGround GrowBig offers more power to boost the performance of your website with a better support system.
- Enjoy Free website migration, which is not available for StartUp users.
- Use WordPress Starter plugin, which makes the process of launching a fully-functional site a lot easier and faster and it is very convenient especially for users that are not very technically savvy enough.
Cons of SiteGround GrowBig Plan
I migrated from Bluehost To SiteGround to enjoy better benefits of SiteGround WordPress hosting. I read many positive reviews of the SiteGround hosting plan to date. And that’s why I thought to transfer this website from Bluehost to SiteGround.
- SiteGround pricing structure is a little high compared to others. In fact, their renewal charges are very high. Just check the actual prices besides the discounted price. As soon as you are done with the initial offer, you have to pay the actual price to renew SiteGround Hosting. So, make sure to buy for at least 3 years to save maximum & enjoy such premium hosting for a long time.
- SiteGround plans are traffic based. Means StartUp plan can hold up to 10,000 traffic, GrowBig can up to 25,000 monthly traffic, GoGeek comes with a traffic limit of 1,00,000 visitors per month etc.
- They don’t offer FREE domain name, which is very common in case of shared hosting plans
👉 SiteGround GrowBig Review Ratings: 4.7/5
Yes, the only problem I can see here is the pricing which might be a concern for beginners. But that is also not a problem. SiteGround offers a 70% discount for new registration. If you are looking for some cheap alternative to SiteGround, then you can check out below hosting plans as well.
SiteGround GrowBig Vs GoGeek Vs StartUp
Here is the big picture of the comparison of features among all 3 SiteGround Hosting Plans. You will easily find that SiteGround GrowBig plan has all the necessary features compared to StartUp & GoGeek for a beginner. And that too at a very cheap price.
SiteGround GrowBig Pricing
Best for Beginners
Best For Bloggers
Best For High Traffic Site
Why You Must Pick GrowBig Hosting Plan? - Detailed SiteGround GrowBig Review
There are various useful features of SiteGround GrowBig Plan, but here we will show you the most effective ones. So go through this section to know more about its amazing features which are being discussed here one by one.
1.More Server Resources than StartUp
This is the biggest reason why I always recommend SiteGround GrowBig plan, rather than the StartUp plan which looks cheap. This is the key reason I found while preparing this SiteGround GrowBig review guide, to decide over StartUp plan.
Definitely, it is cheap but just look at the fact that StartUp users have ~ 10,000 visits per month & GrowBig users have ~ 25,000 visits per month by paying just a few more money.
- Simultaneous Server Processes: 10
- Simultaneous Connections from Single IP: 10
- CPU Seconds / Program and Script Executions: 1000/hour, 10000/day, 300000/month
- Average Process Execution Time per Day: 2 seconds
- Shared Service CPU Usage: No more than 20% for a period longer than 10 seconds
- Server Memory per Process: 768 MB
- Inodes: 150,000
- Minimum Cron Job Interval: 30mins
If any website or blog is growing faster, then the website owner needs a website that is 24/7 live to entertain his/her customers. Although many big web hosting companies claim 100% uptime guarantee, genuinely speaking most of the times their actions do not justify their claims.
- SiteGround has always opted to use in-house crafted solutions to provide its users with top-quality web hosting services.
- SiteGround web hosting platform is developed on Linux containers to offer remarkable stability, especially when any website experiences unexpected traffic spikes.
- SiteGround’s server monitoring system monitors all its servers after every 0.5 seconds.
- It has the ability to proactively resolve any issue without requiring human supervision. That is how SiteGround assures 99.99% uptime with GrowBig plan.
3.Fast Loading Time
Apart from uptime, the loading time is also a big factor for creating a high-quality website. SiteGround speed technology is no more hidden and when you compare them with the other popular hosting companies like HostGator, Bluehost, SiteGround offers better infrastructure.
Many users have tested their website with the GrowBig plan and eventually experienced loading times of 722ms. 722ms is much faster than the average loading times taken by other web hosting companies.
- SiteGround hosting plans are stored on cutting-edge Solid State Drive (SSD) technology
- They use NGINX web server technology to speed up your website
- SiteGround SuperCacher allows website speed optimization through Memcached
- Activate free Cloudflare CDN through SiteGround cPanel in few clicks only
- SiteGround hosting plans are updated to the latest PHP version
- Their servers are HTTP/2 enabled.
4.High-Performance WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is the one and only web hosting service that offers managed WordPress hosting on all accounts. This is a special feature that matters a lot when a person is planning to launch a high-quality WordPress website.
Once a user opts for the GrowBig web hosting plan, SiteGround manages all the services such as security, speed, updates, support, and offers enhancement programs to make things simpler for the user.
SiteGround always assures its users about continuous monitoring of WordPress related bugs in order to perfectly protect their site with tailored WAF rules.
Moreover, Daily backups, regular plugin updates, and free WordPress updates make SiteGround GrowBig plan essential for WordPress users.
In this SiteGround GrowBig Review so far, I am sure you understand why they are totally different compared to other hostings. They are stressing only on your website speed & performance optimization, which is the key to create a successful blog in 2019.
5.Free Website Migration
The biggest advantage of SiteGround is their Free Website Transfer service. It is a blessing for bloggers who are struggling with their existing hosting provider and want to move to a world-class hosting company like SiteGround.
You don’t have to pay any fee, unlike Bluehost charges $149 for this activity. If you are an expert in website migration, then it may not be an issue for you, but for beginners or non-technical persons, it is a very difficult task.
6.30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Many website owners choose a free web hosting trials to test the performance of other web hosting companies, but SiteGround does not offer any such free trials. Instead, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee in case if a user is not satisfied with their web hosting service.
So we can say that SiteGround is always committed to provide the best experience, and if it fails, it will return all the money that the user has paid for buying the GrowBig web hosting package.
SiteGround GrowBig plan is the only shared hosting plan which offers solid eCommerce features. Few of them are
- Let’s Encrypt Free SSL — SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL which a user can find and activate in their cPanel.
- Wildcard SSL — GrowBig and GoGeek plan include a wildcard SSL with a free 1-year subscription which secures a site and its respective subdomains while giving the user a site seal to showcase to the end-users.
- Shopping Carts — Users generally gets the support of all major shopping carts in SiteGround GrowBig hosting plan.
So, these are the six main features of SiteGround GrowBig plan. SiteGround GrowBig plan always gets the upper hand among all other web hosting services only because of these amazing features.
Who is Hosting This Website?
This website is hosted on SiteGround. Yes, I bought SiteGround GrowBig Plan in 2018 and then upgrade to GoGeek plan in 2019. As a beginner, if you want to start a blog with SiteGround but not sure which SiteGround Plan is best then I will help you.
As a beginner, when you decide to start a blog on WordPress you are looking for the best WordPress hosting. To make your life easy, I have shared couple of articles on this topic.
Now, as you have decided to buy SiteGround hosting, you must know that which SiteGround plan will best be suited for your blog in 2020. There are many sites to check your website's hosting plan. E.g. https://hostingchecker.com.
Why SiteGround Is Best WordPress Hosting?
Now the questions is why I am recommending SiteGround as the Best WordPress Hosting for Bloggers? There are plenty of reasons to support my review. In this section, I will share some amazing feedback and online reviews available across the internet to understand why SiteGround is best.
First of all let me share few of the Facebook polls where many bloggers asked questions like:
- Which hosting you are using on your blogs?
- What hosting do you recommend?
- Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- Which hosting is worth every penny t hat you spend?
- What is the best web hosting?
#1 WordPress Hosting Company in Many Facebook Polls
And the answer to these polls are shared below. These are few of them, you will find many such Facebook polls where SiteGround has been nominated as #1 WordPress Hosting Company. You can visit my Facebook Group also and find many positive feedback about SiteGround Hosting. You can read my detailed review of SiteGround WordPress Hosting.
This is not the end. As many people are aware now that to run a fast loading website, to get a high security for your website you need a high-quality web hosting plans. That's where SiteGround hosting is different from others. Just check out their amazing premium features available with cheap WordPress Hosting plans as well.
#3 In the List of WordPress Recommended Hosting
In the list of Recommended WordPress Hosting, Bluehost is the #1 form a long time. But Bluehost receives many negative reviews online as they are acquired by EIG Group. Now in this list, SiteGround has make a position in #3. I believe this is a huge achievement for SiteGround and automatically proved how much good they are. You can read few of my comparison articles with SiteGround below.
Highly Secure & Fast SSD Servers
Speed is the most important feature to keep your website favorite with your readers in 2020. If your pages are loading slow, then readers will look for another website as retention of visitors has gone down significantly. So, make sure to get a good hosting with fast servers. That's where SiteGround is doing extremely well. Just check out the amazing speed technologies they offer with their hosting plans. So, which SiteGround plan is Best for Speed? If you have budget, go with SiteGround GoGeek plan.
#1 Web Hosting Affiliate Program (Earn High Commision)
This is not the end. If you host your blog on SiteGround, you can easily promote their hosting to your visitors as well. The SiteGround Affiliate Commission structure is very much profitable. If you can make more than 11+ sales every month, you can earn $100/sale which is incredible. I have shared a detailed review of SiteGround Affiliate Program.
Lots of Online Reviews & Positive Feedback
Well, this is not the end. Just check out few more amazing Online SiteGround Reviews on Twitter. Also shared by some of the most popular marketers.
For more authentic feedback about SiteGround Hosting, you can refer Trustpilot website. Yes, that is a user generated review website where SiteGround has been rated as Excellent.
FAQs On SiteGround GrowBig Hosting Plan
✅ How much does SiteGround GrowBig cost?
The actual price of SiteGround GrowBig plan is around $19.95/mo. But if you avail this initial 70% discount, you can buy this plan @ $5.95/mo only. But make sure you go fo rat least 3 years to enjoy this discount. This is a one-time discount only and after that, you have to pay @ $19.95/mo only.
✅ Does the GrowBig plan come with one-click installs of major systems?
Yes, SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-click installation software which allows a user to have WordPress running fast, without having to understand MySQL databases, usernames, FTP, etc. You can also ask SieGround support team to help you install WordPress.
✅ What is the difference between GrowBig and GoGeek?
SiteGroundGrowBig plan has less storage, server resources, and doesn’t come with priority support or GIT compared to SiteGround GoGeek Plan.
✅ Is 20GB storage on SiteGround GrowBig plan enough?
5GB storage is enough for most of the people, but SiteGround provides 20GB storage in the GrowBig plan. For hosting only WordPress sites, a user won’t need more than a few GBs because WordPress doesn’t use too much space. So we can say that 20GB storage is more than enough in most of the cases.
✅ Does SiteGround use SSD?
Yes, SiteGround hosting plans offer latest SSD servers with latest PHP version. This makes sure that your website is hosted on highly fast & secure servers.
✅ Does SiteGround provide Cpanel on GrowBig plan?
Yes. SiteGround provides the standard Cpanel on all their hosting plans including GrowBig.
✅ Does GrowBig plan have different server resources than Startup plan of SiteGround?
SiteGround StartUp plan comes with very basic features. But from their GrowBig plan, SiteGround offers some awesome features and server resources to give webmasters enough freedom to host their websites.
✅ Does SiteGround offer monthly billing plan?
When you check SiteGround pricing, you will find the monthly charges like $3.95/mo. But you have to pay for at least 1 year at that charge. You can’t pay month-to-month basis while buying SiteGround GrowBig plan.
✅ Does SiteGround GrowBig offer free Site Builder?
Yes, SiteGround provides free drag and drop site builder on all their plans which includes GrowBig plan as well. But, personally I don’t experiment with many Site-builder, rather I use Thrive Architect to design my few pages like deals page, home page, etc.
✅ Is GrowBig suitable for ~ 25,000 visits monthly?
SiteGround GrowBig Plan is good for a website with max traffic up to 25,000 visits monthly, but this is a general number. It depends on your plugins, traffic, and CPU consumption of your website. If you can optimize your resources well, you can even hold up to traffic 1 lakh page views.
✅ Is there a free domain name included with the GrowBig account?
No, this is just a normal hosting account, and so it does not include a domain name with it although a user can purchase a domain name through SiteGround. If you want to save money on your domain registration, then better to go with Bluehost. But remember, this FREE domain registration is only for the first year, after that you have to pay the domain renewal price.
✅ Can I host multiple websites on GrowBig?
Yes, you can host multiple websites on SiteGround GrowBig Plan. When the StartUp plan only allows to host 1 website, which is not at all good.
✅ Is SSL Free with SiteGround GrowBig Plan?
Yes, SiteGround offers Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate FREE with every hosting plan. But from GrowBig plan onward they also give Wildcard SSL free 1 year which is good for eCommerce website owners.
✅ How many daily backup is allowed in SiteGround GrowBig plan?
The best part of SiteGround plans is their free backup feature. To keep your website highly secure you must have a FREE backup feature. Although the majority of hosting providers charges for that, SiteGround offer FREE backup. Although for StartUp there is some limitation, for GrowBig plan you will get every day 1 backup FREE.
✅ Is SiteGround better than Godaddy?
GoDaddy offers cheap & affordable hosting compared to SiteGround. But SiteGround offers a lot of features, latest speed technology, better support and high-quality security at a very competitive price. If the price is the only concern, you may go for GoDaddy, but if you want a quality hosting the SiteGround is far better than GoDaddy.
✅ Is SiteGround expensive?
The entry price for SiteGround is almost the same as other popular web hosting price. But SiteGround renewal charges quite high compared to others. That’s why I always recommend going for 36 months or 3 years hosting as I did & saved more than $500 for the next 3 years.
✅ Which is better Bluehost or SiteGround?
Bluehost is quite popular & #1 in the list of recommended hosting. But when we talk about quality hosting with the best support, SiteGround wins the battle in many ways. E.g. SiteGround offers FREE website migration service when Bluehost charges $149 per website.
✅ How do I request a free migration from SiteGround?
To request a free migration from SiteGround, open a support ticket and you will see a website transfer option. Provide SiteGround with the details of your old hosting, and they will take care of the migration.
Conclusion: Is Thrive Theme Builder Worth The Price?
After going through the entire article, a user will understand that SiteGround GrowBig plan is really a great value for money for your WordPress blog.
I wrote this SiteGround GrowBig review guide after using their hosting for a few months, and I can say that it is a value for money hosting provider. Here are the reasons to buy a GrowBig plan, compared to the StartUP plan.
- You will get more disk space. 20GB with GrowBig & 30GB GoGeek.
- You can host multiple websites, in fact unlimited. But it is good to host fewer websites to get the best performance of your websites. I have hosted on 3 websites on my SiteGround GoGeek plan where this is the main blog and besides that, I have one subdomain for Black Friday 2020 Deals and another micro-niche blog on SiteGround hosting.
- If you need better support. You will get priority support with SiteGround GoGeek plan which is awesome to get your issues resolved anytime.
- If you have a heavy design website, then you can host that website on the GoGeek plan and enjoy the best performance.
- If your website is growing traffic, you can host your website on the GoGeek plan as that plan has a monthly traffic limit of 1 lakh/month.
- If you have an eCommerce website, then you can enjoy premium quality wildcard SSL or PCI compliance.
- You can enjoy a staging facility for better website performance.
You can always upgrade to SiteGround GoGeek or Cloud plans. If your website grows exponentially, then it is good to try the SiteGround advanced plans. But to start a website from scratch, SiteGround GrowBig plan is worth trying.
So, if you are seeking a web hosting plan with the better performance the SiteGround GrowBig plan is highly recommended. You just have to sign up with SiteGround and then ask their support team to migrate your website to their hosting.
It is a very smooth journey with SiteGround and feeling my website is in safe hands. As you can reach to their highly technically skilled customer support agents anytime. They will make sure your issue is going to be resolved asap.
If you find this SiteGround GrowbBig review 2020 useful, then feel free to share this in your social media profiles. Also, do not hesitate to ask your question by writing a comment below.
Best SiteGround WordPress Hosting Plan
SiteGround GrowBig plan is the best SiteGround Plan with the perfect combination of everything. You will get all premium & essential features of a quality hosting with a traffic limit of 25,000 visits/mo which is enough for a beginner. Grab this 70% OFF SiteGround Discount to save huge.