SiteGround StartUp Review 2020
In this detailed SiteGround StartUp Review I will share every single detailed about this SiteGround Hosting plan. Undoubtedly, SiteGround is the #1 Host In many Facebook polls and social platforms. But StartUp plan lacks many essential features, which you can get by paying $2/mo extra with GrowBig plan. SiteGround's StartUp plan is only good for hosting 1 single low-traffic website.
30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You will get a 30 days money back guarantee. That means if you didn't find this product useful after purchase, within 30 days you can raise ticket for refund. They will take action on that as per their terms.
SiteGround StartUp Plan Features 2020
SiteGround Startup plan is the very basic plan or you can say the entry plan from SiteGround shared hosting plans. Other than that, they do have GrowBig & GoGeek Plan. In this detailed SiteGround Startup review guide, I will help you to understand whether you should pick the Startup plan or not. And also explain all 3 different Siteground plans and who should buy which SiteGround plan.
SiteGround StartUp plan is the best-suited plan for beginners. This plan will come at an affordable price of $3.95/mo only. Although there is no monthly billing option, you have to buy for at least a 1-year plan. Even if this is the very basic plan, you can enjoy awesome Uptime of 99.99%, daily free backup, and fast SSD servers.
- Number of Websites Hosted Only One
- Storage Space 20 GB SSD Disk Space
- Monthly Bandwidth Unmetered
- Estimated Monthly Visitors ~10,000 Unique Visits
- No. of Subdomains Unlimited
- No. of Parked Domains Unlimited
- MySQL Databases Unlimited
- Free Installation of CMS Yes
- cPanel & Softaculous Yes
- Free Email Accounts Yes
- SiteGround SuperCacher Only Level 1
- Free Daily Automated Backups 30 Copies
- Free Backups Restore No
- Free Backup (On-Demand) No
- Git (Pre-Installed) No
- Staging Environment No
- Free Shopping Cart Install Yes
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate Yes
- PCI Compliance No
- Free Website Transfer No
Is SiteGround GrowBig Better Than StartUp Plan?
But, if you want to host more than 1 website you have to go for GrowBig plan. Not only that, after working few months on your website hosted on the Startup plan, if you see your website is growing with traffic, improved design with lots of plugins then you will get CPU Over usage messages from SiteGround. And then you have to upgrade to GrowBig from the StartUp plan.
Even if you compare the price of the Startup plan Vs GrowBig plan, you will find a mare different of $2/mo. At that cost, you will get a lot of amazing SiteGround premium features to host multiple websites. You can check out the detailed GrowBig review to understand why SiteGround GrowBig is better than the SiteGround StartUp plan.
Buy SiteGround Startup Plan, if you want
Although I told you that the GrowBig plan is better than the StartUp. But if you think GrowBig is still costly, then you can start with the StartUp plan. The StartUp plan is good for the below reasons.
- If you want to host only 1 website. Good for beginners.
- If you don’t need high space. The StartUp plan comes with 10 GB space only.
- If your website has no traffic or less traffic. This plan has the highest traffic limit of 10,000 visits per month.
- If you don’t want to install many plugins, the StartUp plan has very fewer server resources and good for lightweight websites.
- SiteGround StartUp comes with FREE Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate.
- Other than that rest everything is awesome. Means you can enjoy SiteGround support, 99.99% uptime, high-security servers, fast SSD servers, SPEED technology, SG Optimizer, latest PHP 7.4, etc.
Upgrade To GrowBig/GoGeek If…
So, if you are happy with the SiteGround Startup Plan, then fine. Otherwise, if you are also thinking like me and want to get the best out of SiteGround, then upgrade your plan from StartUp to GrowBig/GoGeek. In fact, you can transfer your website to SiteGround for FREE. There are multiple other benefits.
- You will get more disk space. 20GB with GrowBig & 30GB GoGeek.
- You can host multiple websites, in fact unlimited. But it is good to host fewer websites to get the best performance of your websites. I have hosted on 3 websites on my SiteGround GoGeek plan where this is the main blog and besides that, I have one subdomain for Black Friday 2020 Deals and another micro-niche blog on SiteGround hosting.
- If you need better support. You will get priority support with SiteGround GoGeek plan which is awesome to get your issues resolved anytime.
- If you have a heavy design website, then you can host that website on the GoGeek plan and enjoy the best performance.
- If your website is growing traffic, you can host your website on the GoGeek plan as that plan has a monthly traffic limit of 1 lakh/month.
- If you have an eCommerce website, then you can enjoy premium quality wildcard SSL or PCI compliance.
- You can enjoy a staging facility for better website performance.
SiteGround Pricing 2020 (StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek)
Here we are not talking about SiteGround Cloud hosting or other plans, rather I am talking about WordPress hosting or shared hosting plans. SiteGround WordPress hosting plans are very cheap and they have limitations as per the resource usage. So which is the best of SiteGround’s shared hosting plans for you?
- StartUp: This is the very basic SiteGround plan which is good for 1 website only. It has only 10GB space and traffic limits up to 10,000 visits per month. Although you will get all SiteGround SPEED features & daily backup, you will not get priority support with this plan. You can read the complete SiteGround StartUp Plan review.
- GrowBig: This one is quite better compared to the StartUp plan. With just $2/mo extra price, you will get 20 GB space, 25,000 visits/mo traffic, and priority support. Read the SiteGround GrowBig Plan Review.
- GoGeek: If your website traffic is very high, then the GoGeek plan can handle up to 1 lakh visitors/mo. This plan has all the advanced features like staging to make sure to get the best speed for your WordPress site.
Best for Beginners
Best For Bloggers
Best For High Traffic Site
Who is Hosting This Website?
This website is hosted on SiteGround. Yes, I bought SiteGround GrowBig Plan in 2018 and then upgrade to GoGeek plan in 2019. As a beginner, if you want to start a blog with SiteGround but not sure which SiteGround Plan is best then I will help you.
As a beginner, when you decide to start a blog on WordPress you are looking for the best WordPress hosting. To make your life easy, I have shared couple of articles on this topic.
Now, as you have decided to buy SiteGround hosting, you must know that which SiteGround plan will best be suited for your blog in 2020. There are many sites to check your website's hosting plan. E.g. https://hostingchecker.com.
Why SiteGround Is Best WordPress Hosting?
Now the questions is why I am recommending SiteGround as the Best WordPress Hosting for Bloggers? There are plenty of reasons to support my review. In this section, I will share some amazing feedback and online reviews available across the internet to understand why SiteGround is best.
First of all let me share few of the Facebook polls where many bloggers asked questions like:
- Which hosting you are using on your blogs?
- What hosting do you recommend?
- Best Managed WordPress Hosting
- Which hosting is worth every penny t hat you spend?
- What is the best web hosting?
#1 WordPress Hosting Company in Many Facebook Polls
And the answer to these polls are shared below. These are few of them, you will find many such Facebook polls where SiteGround has been nominated as #1 WordPress Hosting Company. You can visit my Facebook Group also and find many positive feedback about SiteGround Hosting. You can read my detailed review of SiteGround WordPress Hosting.
This is not the end. As many people are aware now that to run a fast loading website, to get a high security for your website you need a high-quality web hosting plans. That's where SiteGround hosting is different from others. Just check out their amazing premium features available with cheap WordPress Hosting plans as well.
#3 In the List of WordPress Recommended Hosting
In the list of Recommended WordPress Hosting, Bluehost is the #1 form a long time. But Bluehost receives many negative reviews online as they are acquired by EIG Group. Now in this list, SiteGround has make a position in #3. I believe this is a huge achievement for SiteGround and automatically proved how much good they are. You can read few of my comparison articles with SiteGround below.
Highly Secure & Fast SSD Servers
Speed is the most important feature to keep your website favorite with your readers in 2020. If your pages are loading slow, then readers will look for another website as retention of visitors has gone down significantly. So, make sure to get a good hosting with fast servers. That's where SiteGround is doing extremely well. Just check out the amazing speed technologies they offer with their hosting plans. So, which SiteGround plan is Best for Speed? If you have budget, go with SiteGround GoGeek plan.
#1 Web Hosting Affiliate Program (Earn High Commision)
This is not the end. If you host your blog on SiteGround, you can easily promote their hosting to your visitors as well. The SiteGround Affiliate Commission structure is very much profitable. If you can make more than 11+ sales every month, you can earn $100/sale which is incredible. I have shared a detailed review of SiteGround Affiliate Program.
Awesome Support By Expert Executives
SiteGround support is a team that is the pillar of their amazing success. In fact, that is what every customer wants from a web hosting company. Whatever features your hosting company provides, if they don’t provide you good support then you can’t save your website on bad times.
👉 That’s the reason I love the SiteGround support team. Whatever doubts I have or problems I am facing with my website or hosting account, they will help you always. Their live chat support is seriously good and support agents are very much knowledgeable. Here are a few of the good feedbacks about SiteGround Support.
Lots of Online Reviews & Positive Feedback
Well, this is not the end. Just check out few more amazing Online SiteGround Reviews on Twitter. Also shared by some of the most popular marketers.
For more authentic feedback about SiteGround Hosting, you can refer Trustpilot website. Yes, that is a user generated review website where SiteGround has been rated as Excellent.
FAQs On Thrive Theme Builder Review
✅ Who Should Buy StartUp Plan?
SiteGround StartUp is a very basic plan which is good for bloggers who want to start only 1 website. And as a beginner, there will be negligible traffic to that website. That means if you have only 1 website with a very low-traffic, less heavy theme, fewer plugins then you can go for the StartUp plan.
✅ How much does SiteGround StartUp Plan cost?
SiteGround StartUp plan will cost you $11.95/mo, but they do offer a default discount of 70%. That means you can pay $3.95/mo when buying the first time. But you have to buy for at least 1 year hosting from them. During SiteGround Sale, they also offer a 75% discounted price of $2.98/mo. Keep a track of our website for such updates.
✅ Which is Better Bluehost or SiteGround?
Both are 2 popular web hosting companies & recommended by WordPress.org as well. But when you compare them based on features and support, you will find a huge difference. I have shared a detailed video on this topic Bluehost Vs Siteground.
✅ Does SiteGround Offer FREE Domain?
No, SiteGround doesn’t offer a free domain name with its web hosting plan. In fact, there is no point to buy a domain with hosting providers. I always recommend buying a domain with domain registrars as you can change your web hosting plans from time to time.
✅ Does SiteGround Charge Monthly?
Yes, all SiteGround plans will show you a monthly billing price option only. But when you try to buy them, you will find the minimum duration is 12 months or 1 year. That means you can’t go for a month-to-month payment option.
✅ Which is Better GoDaddy or SiteGround?
Well, I have used GoDaddy long back and it was very cheap to start a website. But I was not happy with their support, speed technology, and the server resource limitations. In fact now at a similar price tag, I would say SiteGround is far better compared to GoDaddy.
✅ Is SiteGround Good For WordPress?
Yes, SiteGround WordPress plans are designed in such a way that a WordPress site can get the maximum benefits. There are multiple benefits like free backup, optimized servers for WordPress, SG Optimizer plugin, etc.
✅ How Do I Cancel SiteGround?
You can cancel SiteGround hosting as per their terms. By default, you will get a 30-day money back guarantee and you will get a refund if you cancel within that period of time. Better you talk to their support team and get the clear terms & conditions if any.
✅ Which hosting is best for WordPress?
Well, there are hundreds of very good quality web hosting companies in the world. We can’t use all of them at the same time. But I can say from my own experiences after using a couple of them in the last few years. Here is the list of Top 10 WordPress Hosting Companies in 2020 that you must look into.
✅ Should I Upgrade To GrowBig?
As mentioned above, SiteGround StartUP plan doesn't provide much features compared to GrowBig plan. But cost wise GrowBig is just $2/mo extra. So, if you want to enjoy more feature with little extra investment then you must pick SiteGround GrowBig plan only.
Conclusion: Is SiteGround StartUp Plan Worth Buying?
So, I hope I am able to share almost everything about SiteGround StartUp Plan. And able to explain in which situation you should this plan. If you ask me the final verdict, I will always go with the SiteGround GrowBig plan ( 👉 Don’t forget the 70% Discount offer) as I believe in investing in blogging. Right investments + proper implementation of your plans will give you a massive return and that’s what I always follow.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this detailed SiteGround StartUp review by writing a comment below. You can also ask your questions & doubts if any. I will answer them by replying to your comment or updating this article. Thanks for reading & sharing this.
Cheapest SiteGround Hosting Plan
If you want to start a blog with a very limited budget, but you want to host your blog on a quality hosting then SiteGround StartUP plan is for you. You just need to pay $3.95/mo availing the 70% OFF SiteGround discount.