This website is hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan from November 20018. I bought this using 75% OFF SiteGround Black Friday sale in 2018. That’s why I am in the right position to share my detailed review of SiteGround GrowBig plan after using it for more than 9 months now.
SiteGround hosting offers 3 types of plans: StartUp, GrowBig & GoGeek. As a beginner one can start with StartUp plan. But if you compare StartUp Vs GrowBig, you will find GrowBig has more features like unlimited websites, Free migration, priority support, advanced-cache, more traffic limit, free backup & more by paying just $2 extra every month. When GoGeek is for high traffic sites with very expensive pricing.
SiteGround has earned a lot of positive feedback and grown as #1 WordPress hosting providers in different social platforms. I have shared a lot of social proofs on SiteGround in this article. Within a short period of time, they got more than 8,00,000 lakh customers and providing high-quality hosting services.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
SiteGround GrowBig Review (Pros & Cons)
Well, I will share a detailed review of SiteGround GrowBig Hosting package, but before that let me summarise what you are going to get by paying monthly $5.95 in your hosting package. I have already mentioned that GrowBig is far better compared to StartUp plan when we compare the features.
Why SiteGround GrowBig Is Better Than StartUp Plan
- You can host unlimited websites on SiteGround GrowBig plan (compared to StartUp)
- SiteGround GrowBig Plan is just a few $2 costly from StartUp plan with many additional features
- Priority support (quick live chat + ticket response), not available in StartUp plan
- Advances SiteGround cache system to make your website load faster, not available in StartUp plan
- Enjoy free backup up to daily 30 (in case of StartUp, it’s daily 1), not available in StartUp plan
- More server resources mean more fast loading website
- Offers more storage, 20GB compared to 10GB of StartUp plan
- SiteGround GrowBig plan provides email storage of 2000MB.
- You have a plan to start an eCommerce website, then SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-year Free Wildcard SSL. And for all sites Let’s encrypt SSL certificate is free for life.
- If you compare SiteGround GrowBig Vs Bluehost Plus plan, SiteGround GrowBig offers more power to boost the performance of your website with a better support system.
- Enjoy Free website migration, which is not available for StartUp users.
- Use WordPress Starter plugin, which makes the process of launching a fully-functional site a lot easier and faster and it is very convenient especially for users that are not very technically savvy enough.
Cons of SiteGround GrowBig Plan
- The SiteGround renewal price is comparative very high, compared to Bluehost.
- SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with a traffic limit of 25,000/mo. That means if you have a few high-traffic websites, you may have to upgrade to GoGeek plan which is seriously costly compared to GrowBig plan.
- The GrowBig plan does not come with staging and also lacks other GoGeek features.
I host my website on SiteGround GrowBig Plan
Last year during SiteGround Black Friday Sale, I bought GrowBig plan for 36 months and saved a lot. I availed 75% OFF SiteGround Coupon & saved more than $500 for the next 3 years. It’s a big relief for renewal expenses. And here is the screenshot of my purchase.
You can have a look at SiteGround Account screenshot also below. I can now focus on blogging till 2021 without worrying about my hosting renewal charges. That’s the beauty of investing after a quality hosting.
This is not the end, as I am an affiliate of SiteGround WordPress Hosting I promote SiteGround through my blog. And within a few months, I am able to generate a few sales which were more than $200. That means the money I invest for SiteGround ($178 for 3 years) is already regained through their web hosting affiliate program.
StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek (SiteGround Hosting Comparison)
I have also prepared a quick comparison of all 3 SiteGround plans & here is the tabular format of this. I am sure you will find this very useful.
|Which SiteGround Hosting Plan is Best||StartUp||GrowBig||GoGeek|
|Websites||1 Site||Unlimited Sites||Unlimited Sites|
|Free Site Transfer||No||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly Traffic||10,000 visit||25,000 visit||1,00,000 visit|
|WP Special cache||No||Yes||Yes|
|SuperCacher||Level 1 Only||All 3 levels||All 3 levels|
Why SiteGround Is Best For WordPress? Let’s find out.
I have shared my honest feedback on why SiteGround is the best hosting for WordPress blog. But people generally get confused while deciding among SiteGroud StartUp vs. GrowBig vs. GoGeek.
Off course pricing, wise StartUp plan is the cheapest SiteGround plan. But the question is whether you are getting everything you need at that pricing?
Can you get even more with little more investment? And that’s where this SiteGroud GrowBig review guide will help you to understand.
SiteGround GrowBig Vs GoGeek Vs StartUp
Here is the big picture of comparison of features among all 3 SiteGround Hosting Plans. You will easily find that SiteGround GrowBig plan has all necessary features compared to StartUp & GoGeek for a beginner. And that too at a very cheap price.
Why You Must Go For GrowBig Plan From SiteGround
There are various useful features of SiteGround GrowBig Plan, but here we will show you the most effective ones. So go through this section to know more about its amazing features which are being discussed here one by one.
1. More Server Resources than StartUp
This is the biggest reason why I always recommend SiteGround GrowBig plan, rather than the StartUp plan which looks cheap. This is the key reason I found while preparing this SiteGround GrowBig review guide, to decide over StartUp plan.
Definitely, it is cheap but just look at the fact that StartUp users have ~ 10,000 visits per month & GrowBig users have ~ 25,000 visits per month by paying just a few more money.
- Simultaneous Server Processes: 10
- Simultaneous Connections from Single IP: 10
- CPU Seconds / Program and Script Executions: 1000/hour, 10000/day, 300000/month
- Average Process Execution Time per Day: 2 seconds
- Shared Service CPU Usage: No more than 20% for a period longer than 10 seconds
- Server Memory per Process: 768 MB
- Inodes: 150,000
- Minimum Cron Job Interval: 30mins
Hosting Deal: FastComet Black Friday 2019 Deal: Get 60% Discount
2. High Uptime
If any website or blog is growing faster, then the website owner needs a website that is 24/7 live to entertain his/her customers. Although many big web hosting companies claim 100% uptime guarantee, genuinely speaking most of the times their actions do not justify their claims.
- SiteGround has always opted to use in-house crafted solutions to provide its users with top-quality web hosting services.
- SiteGround web hosting platform is developed on Linux containers to offer remarkable stability, especially when any website experiences unexpected traffic spikes.
- SiteGround’s server monitoring system monitors all its servers after every 0.5 seconds.
- It has the ability to proactively resolve any issue without requiring human supervision. That is how SiteGround assures 99.99% uptime with GrowBig plan.
How to check your website’s uptime record?
SiteGround offers an awesome tool to check your uptime quickly. Here is what I got when I checked for this website. Click here to check your website Uptime.
3. Fast Loading Time
Apart from uptime, the loading time is also a big factor for creating a high-quality website. SiteGround speed technology is no more hidden and when you compare them with the other popular hosting companies like HostGator, Bluehost, SiteGround offers better infrastructure.
Many users have tested their website with the GrowBig plan and eventually experienced loading times of 722ms. 722ms is much faster than the average loading times taken by other web hosting companies.
- SiteGround hosting plans are stored on cutting-edge Solid State Drive (SSD) technology
- They use NGINX web server technology to speed up your website
- SiteGround SuperCacher allows website speed optimization through Memcached
- Activate free Cloudflare CDN through SiteGround cPanel in few clicks only
- SiteGround hosting plans are updated to the latest PHP version
- Their servers are HTTP/2 enabled.
4. High-Performance WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is the one and only web hosting service that offers managed WordPress hosting on all accounts. This is a special feature that matters a lot when a person is planning to launch a high-quality WordPress website.
Once a user opts for the GrowBig web hosting plan, SiteGround manages all the services such as security, speed, updates, support, and offers enhancement programs to make things simpler for the user.
SiteGround always assures its users about continuous monitoring of WordPress related bugs in order to perfectly protect their site with tailored WAF rules.
Moreover, Daily backups, regular plugin updates, and free WordPress updates make SiteGround GrowBig plan essential for WordPress users.
In this SiteGround GrowBig Review so far, I am sure you understand why they are totally different compared to other hostings. They are stressing only on your website speed & performance optimization, which is the key to create a successful blog in 2019.
5. Free Website Migration
The biggest advantage of SiteGround is their Free Website Transfer service. It is a blessing for bloggers who are struggling with their existing hosting provider and want to move to a world-class hosting company like SiteGround.
You don’t have to pay any fee, unlike Bluehost charges $149 for this activity. If you are an expert in website migration, then it may not be an issue for you, but for beginners or non-technical persons, it is a very difficult task.
6. 30 Days Money Back
Many website owners choose a free web hosting trials to test the performance of other web hosting companies, but SiteGround does not offer any such free trials. Instead, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee in case if a user is not satisfied with their web hosting service.
So we can say that SiteGround is always committed to provide the best experience, and if it fails, it will return all the money that the user has paid for buying the GrowBig web hosting package.
7. eCommerce Features
SiteGround GrowBig plan is the only shared hosting plan which offers solid eCommerce features. Few of them are
- Let’s Encrypt Free SSL — SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL which a user can find and activate in their cPanel.
- Wildcard SSL — GrowBig and GoGeek plan include a wildcard SSL with a free 1-year subscription which secures a site and its respective subdomains while giving the user a site seal to showcase to the end-users.
- Shopping Carts — Users generally gets the support of all major shopping carts in SiteGround GrowBig hosting plan.
So, these are the six main features of SiteGround GrowBig plan. SiteGround GrowBig plan always gets the upper hand among all other web hosting services only because of these amazing features.
Best Managed Hosting Deal: 99% OFF WPX Hosting Black Friday Offer
SiteGround Is The Best & There Are Lots of Social Proofs
They got very positive feedbacks from Industry Experts, like Syed Balkhi of WPBEGGINNER.COM.
In social media like Facebook, you will find many discussions where SiteGround has been recommended by many professionals, bloggers, and internet marketers.
Check this Facebook Poll on Bloggerspassion Group.
Another FB Group blogging network has similar discussions.
This is not the end, there are more social proofs which is making it clear that SiteGround is the best WordPress hosting providers. Even though their renewal charges are high, they have a traffic limit on their plans.
Even I found some awesome discussions on Twitter as well.
FAQs on SiteGround GrowBig plan
I this section, I tried to answer lots of questions related to this SiteGround GrowBig plan. Hope this is helpful. In case you have further questions, you can feel to ask the same by writing a comment below.
How much does SiteGround GrowBig cost? ?
The actual price of SiteGround GrowBig plan is around $19.95/mo. But if you avail this initial 70% discount, you can buy this plan @ $5.95/mo only. But make sure you go fo rat least 3 years to enjoy this discount. This is a one-time discount only and after that, you have to pay @ $19.95/mo only.
Does the GrowBig plan come with one-click installs of major systems?
Yes, SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-click installation software which allows a user to have WordPress running fast, without having to understand MySQL databases, usernames, FTP, etc. You can also ask SieGround support team to help you install WordPress.
What is the difference between GrowBig and GoGeek?
SiteGroundGrowBig plan has less storage, server resources, and doesn’t come with priority support or GIT compared to SiteGround GoGeek Plan.
Is 20GB storage on SiteGround GrowBig plan enough?
5GB storage is enough for most of the people, but SiteGround provides 20GB storage in the GrowBig plan. For hosting only WordPress sites, a user won’t need more than a few GBs because WordPress doesn’t use too much space. So we can say that 20GB storage is more than enough in most of the cases.
Does SiteGround use SSD?
Yes, SiteGround hosting plans offer latest SSD servers with latest PHP version. This makes sure that your website is hosted on highly fast & secure servers.
Does SiteGround provide Cpanel on GrowBig plan?
Yes. SiteGround provides the standard Cpanel on all their hosting plans including GrowBig.
Does GrowBig plan have different server resources than Startup plan of SiteGround?
SiteGround StartUp plan comes with very basic features. But from their GrowBig plan, SiteGround offers some awesome features and server resources to give webmasters enough freedom to host their websites.
Does SiteGround offer monthly billing plan?
When you check SiteGround pricing, you will find the monthly charges like $3.95/mo. But you have to pay for at least 1 year at that charge. You can’t pay month-to-month basis while buying SiteGround GrowBig plan.
Does SiteGround GrowBig offer free Site Builder?
Yes, SiteGround provides free drag and drop site builder on all their plans which includes GrowBig plan as well. But, personally I don’t experiment with many Site-builder, rather I use Thrive Architect to design my few pages like deals page, home page, etc.
Is GrowBig suitable for ~ 25,000 visits monthly?
SiteGround GrowBig Plan is good for a website with max traffic up to 25,000 visits monthly, but this is a general number. It depends on your plugins, traffic, and CPU consumption of your website. If you can optimize your resources well, you can even hold up to traffic 1 lakh page views.
Is there a free domain name included with the GrowBig account?
No, this is just a normal hosting account, and so it does not include a domain name with it although a user can purchase a domain name through SiteGround. If you want to save money on your domain registration, then better to go with Bluehost. But remember, this FREE domain registration is only for the first year, after that you have to pay the domain renewal price.
Can I host multiple websites on GrowBig?
Yes, you can host multiple websites on SiteGround GrowBig Plan. When the StartUp plan only allows to host 1 website, which is not at all good.
Is SSL Free with SiteGround GrowBig Plan?
Yes, SiteGround offers Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate FREE with every hosting plan. But from GrowBig plan onward they also give Wildcard SSL free 1 year which is good for eCommerce website owners.
How many daily backup is allowed in SiteGround GrowBig plan?
The best part of SiteGround plans is their free backup feature. To keep your website highly secure you must have a FREE backup feature. Although the majority of hosting providers charges for that, SiteGround offer FREE backup. Although for StartUp there is some limitation, for GrowBig plan you will get every day 1 backup FREE.
Is SiteGround better than Godaddy?
GoDaddy offers cheap & affordable hosting compared to SiteGround. But SiteGround offers a lot of features, latest speed technology, better support and high-quality security at a very competitive price. If the price is the only concern, you may go for GoDaddy, but if you want a quality hosting the SiteGround is far better than GoDaddy.
Is SiteGround expensive?
The entry price for SiteGround is almost the same as other popular web hosting price. But SiteGround renewal charges quite high compared to others. That’s why I always recommend going for 36 months or 3 years hosting as I did & saved more than $500 for the next 3 years.
Which is better Bluehost or SiteGround?
Bluehost is quite popular & #1 in the list of recommended hosting. But when we talk about quality hosting with the best support, SiteGround wins the battle in many ways. E.g. SiteGround offers FREE website migration service when Bluehost charges $149 per website.
How do I request a free migration from SiteGround?
To request a free migration from SiteGround, open a support ticket and you will see a website transfer option. Provide SiteGround with the details of your old hosting, and they will take care of the migration.
Conclusion: Is This SiteGround GrowbBig Review 2019 Worth?
After going through the entire article, a user will understand that SiteGround GrowBig plan is really a great value for money for your WordPress blog.
I wrote this SiteGround GrowBig review guide after using their hosting for a few months, and I can say that it is a value for money hosting provider.
You can always upgrade to SiteGround GoGeek or Cloud plans. If your website grows exponentially, then it is good to try the SiteGround advanced plans. But to start a website from scratch, SiteGround GrowBig plan is worth trying.
My website is hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan and here is the snapshot of the same.
So, if you are seeking for a web hosting plan with the better performance the SiteGround GrowBig plan is highly recommended. You just have to sign up with SiteGround and then ask their support team to migrate your website to their hosting.
It is a very smooth journey with SiteGround and feeling my website is in safe hands. As you can reach to their highly technically skilled customer support agents anytime. They will make sure your issue is going to be resolved asap.
Before finishing this SiteGround GrowBig review, I just want to share again why I SiteGround is a totally unique shared hosting providers compared to others.
- SiteGroud is voted as #1 web hosting in many Facebook Polls.
- SiteGround servers are updated to the latest PHP version.
- Their latest SPEED technology will make sure your website is hosted on trusted servers.
- SiteGround has a track record of delivering 100% uptime.
- SiteGround Supercacher and SG Optimizer plugin will help you to speed up my website.
- SiteGround offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.
- Activate Free Cloudflare from SiteGround cPanel itself.
- They offer FREE website transfer service.
- SiteGround offers 4 different Data centers to choose from.
- SiteGround offers FREE backup which is enough to make sure your website secure.
- SiteGround support team is very much knowledgeable & response time almost nil.
- SiteGround 70% Discount is applicable on every hosting term you buy.
If you find this SiteGround GrowbBig review useful, then feel free to share this in your social media profiles. Also, do not hesitate to ask your question by writing a comment below.