This website is hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan from November 2018. I bought this using 75% OFF SiteGround Black Friday sale in 2018. That’s why I am in the right position to share my detailed review of the SiteGround GrowBig plan after using it for more than 9 months now. I have upgraded to GoGeek from GrowBig recently. I will be sharing a detailed SiteGround GoGeek review. You can read the StartUp plan review first.
SiteGround hosting offers 3 types of plans: StartUp, GrowBig & GoGeek. As a beginner one can start with the StartUp plan. But if you compare StartUp Vs GrowBig, you will find GrowBig has more features like unlimited websites, Free migration, priority support, advanced-cache, more traffic limit, free backup & more by paying just $2 extra every month. When GoGeek is for high traffic sites with very expensive pricing.
SiteGround has earned a lot of positive feedback and grown as #1 WordPress hosting providers in different social platforms. I have shared a lot of social proofs on SiteGround in this article. Within a short period of time, they got more than 8,00,000 lakh customers and providing high-quality hosting services.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
- 🔥 Detailed Review of SiteGround GrowBig Plan 2020 (Pros & Cons)
- I host my website on SiteGround GrowBig Plan
- StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek (SiteGround Hosting Comparison)
- Why SiteGround Is Best For WordPress? Let’s find out.
- SiteGround GrowBig Vs GoGeek Vs StartUp
- Why You Must Go For GrowBig Plan From SiteGround
- SiteGround Is The Best & There Are Lots of Social Proofs
- FAQs on SiteGround GrowBig plan
- How much does SiteGround GrowBig cost? ?
- Does the GrowBig plan come with one-click installs of major systems?
- What is the difference between GrowBig and GoGeek?
- Is 20GB storage on SiteGround GrowBig plan enough?
- Does SiteGround use SSD?
- Does SiteGround provide Cpanel on GrowBig plan?
- Does GrowBig plan have different server resources than Startup plan of SiteGround?
- Does SiteGround offer monthly billing plan?
- Does SiteGround GrowBig offer free Site Builder?
- Is GrowBig suitable for ~ 25,000 visits monthly?
- Is there a free domain name included with the GrowBig account?
- Can I host multiple websites on GrowBig?
- Is SSL Free with SiteGround GrowBig Plan?
- How many daily backup is allowed in SiteGround GrowBig plan?
- Is SiteGround better than Godaddy?
- Is SiteGround expensive?
- Which is better Bluehost or SiteGround?
- How do I request a free migration from SiteGround?
- SiteGround cPanel Demo (Easy To Use)
- Conclusion: Why SiteGround GrowbBig Is Best Hosting Plan For Bloggers in 2020?
🔥 Detailed Review of SiteGround GrowBig Plan 2020 (Pros & Cons)
Well, I will share a detailed review of the SiteGround GrowBig Hosting package, but before that let me summarise what you are going to get by paying monthly $5.95 in your hosting package. I have already mentioned that GrowBig is far better compared to the StartUp plan when we compare the features.
Why SiteGround GrowBig Is Better Than StartUp Plan
- You can host unlimited websites on SiteGround GrowBig plan (compared to StartUp)
- SiteGround GrowBig Plan is just a few $2 costly from StartUp plan with many additional features
- Priority support (quick live chat + ticket response), not available in StartUp plan
- Advances SiteGround cache system to make your website load faster, not available in StartUp plan
- Enjoy free backup up to daily 30 (in case of StartUp, it’s daily 1), not available in StartUp plan
- More server resources mean more fast loading website
- Offers more storage, 20GB compared to 10GB of StartUp plan
- SiteGround GrowBig plan provides an email storage of 2000MB.
- You have a plan to start an eCommerce website, then SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-year Free Wildcard SSL. And for all sites Let’s encrypt SSL certificate is free for life.
- If you compare SiteGround GrowBig Vs Bluehost Plus plan, SiteGround GrowBig offers more power to boost the performance of your website with a better support system.
- Enjoy Free website migration, which is not available for StartUp users.
- Use WordPress Starter plugin, which makes the process of launching a fully-functional site a lot easier and faster and it is very convenient especially for users that are not very technically savvy enough.
Cons of SiteGround GrowBig Plan
I migrated from Bluehost To SiteGround to enjoy better benefits of SiteGround WordPress hosting. I read many positive reviews of the SiteGround hosting plan to date. And that’s why I thought to transfer this website from Bluehost to SiteGround.
- SiteGround pricing structure is a little high compared to others. In fact, their renewal charges are very high. Just check the actual prices besides the discounted price. As soon as you are done with the initial offer, you have to pay the actual price to renew SiteGround Hosting. So, make sure to buy for at least 3 years to save maximum & enjoy such premium hosting for a long time.
- SiteGround plans are traffic based. Means StartUp plan can hold up to 10,000 traffic, GrowBig can up to 25,000 monthly traffic, GoGeek comes with a traffic limit of 1,00,000 visitors per month etc.
- They don’t offer FREE domain name, which is very common in case of shared hosting plans
👉 SiteGround Review Ratings: 4.7/5
Yes, the only problem I can see here is the pricing which might be a concern for beginners. But that is also not a problem. SiteGround offers a 70% discount for new registration. If you are looking for some cheap alternative to SiteGround, then you can check out below hosting plans as well.
- A2 Hosting [67% Discount Coupon Link]
- FastComet [70% Discount Link]
- Bluehost [Get special price $2.65/mo Trick]
I host my website on SiteGround GrowBig Plan
Last year during SiteGround Black Friday Sale, I bought GrowBig plan for 36 months and saved a lot. I availed 75% OFF SiteGround Coupon & saved more than $500 for the next 3 years. It’s a big relief for renewal expenses. And here is the screenshot of my purchase.
You can have a look at SiteGround Account screenshot also below. I can now focus on blogging till 2021 without worrying about my hosting renewal charges. That’s the beauty of investing after a quality hosting.
This is not the end, as I am an affiliate of SiteGround WordPress Hosting I promote SiteGround through my blog. And within a few months, I am able to generate a few sales which were more than $200. That means the money I invest for SiteGround ($178 for 3 years) is already regained through their web hosting affiliate program.
StartUp Vs GrowBig Vs GoGeek (SiteGround Hosting Comparison)
I have also prepared a quick comparison of all 3 SiteGround plans & here is the tabular format of this. I am sure you will find this very useful.
|Which SiteGround Hosting Plan is Best||StartUp||GrowBig||GoGeek|
|Websites||1 Site||Unlimited Sites||Unlimited Sites|
|Free Site Transfer||No||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly Traffic||10,000 visit||25,000 visit||1,00,000 visit|
|WP Special cache||No||Yes||Yes|
|SuperCacher||Level 1 Only||All 3 levels||All 3 levels|
Why SiteGround Is Best For WordPress? Let’s find out.
I have shared my honest feedback on why SiteGround is the best hosting for WordPress blog. But people generally get confused while deciding among SiteGroud StartUp vs. GrowBig vs. GoGeek.
Off course pricing, wise StartUp plan is the cheapest SiteGround plan. But the question is whether you are getting everything you need at that pricing?
Can you get even more with little more investment? And that’s where this SiteGroud GrowBig review guide will help you to understand.
SiteGround GrowBig Vs GoGeek Vs StartUp
Here is the big picture of the comparison of features among all 3 SiteGround Hosting Plans. You will easily find that SiteGround GrowBig plan has all the necessary features compared to StartUp & GoGeek for a beginner. And that too at a very cheap price.
Why You Must Go For GrowBig Plan From SiteGround
There are various useful features of SiteGround GrowBig Plan, but here we will show you the most effective ones. So go through this section to know more about its amazing features which are being discussed here one by one.
1. More Server Resources than StartUp
This is the biggest reason why I always recommend SiteGround GrowBig plan, rather than the StartUp plan which looks cheap. This is the key reason I found while preparing this SiteGround GrowBig review guide, to decide over StartUp plan.
Definitely, it is cheap but just look at the fact that StartUp users have ~ 10,000 visits per month & GrowBig users have ~ 25,000 visits per month by paying just a few more money.
- Simultaneous Server Processes: 10
- Simultaneous Connections from Single IP: 10
- CPU Seconds / Program and Script Executions: 1000/hour, 10000/day, 300000/month
- Average Process Execution Time per Day: 2 seconds
- Shared Service CPU Usage: No more than 20% for a period longer than 10 seconds
- Server Memory per Process: 768 MB
- Inodes: 150,000
- Minimum Cron Job Interval: 30mins
Hosting Deal: FastComet Black Friday 2019 Deal: Get 60% Discount
2. High Uptime
If any website or blog is growing faster, then the website owner needs a website that is 24/7 live to entertain his/her customers. Although many big web hosting companies claim 100% uptime guarantee, genuinely speaking most of the times their actions do not justify their claims.
- SiteGround has always opted to use in-house crafted solutions to provide its users with top-quality web hosting services.
- SiteGround web hosting platform is developed on Linux containers to offer remarkable stability, especially when any website experiences unexpected traffic spikes.
- SiteGround’s server monitoring system monitors all its servers after every 0.5 seconds.
- It has the ability to proactively resolve any issue without requiring human supervision. That is how SiteGround assures 99.99% uptime with GrowBig plan.
How to check your website’s uptime record?
SiteGround offers an awesome tool to check your uptime quickly. Here is what I got when I checked for this website. Click here to check your website Uptime.
3. Fast Loading Time
Apart from uptime, the loading time is also a big factor for creating a high-quality website. SiteGround speed technology is no more hidden and when you compare them with the other popular hosting companies like HostGator, Bluehost, SiteGround offers better infrastructure.
Many users have tested their website with the GrowBig plan and eventually experienced loading times of 722ms. 722ms is much faster than the average loading times taken by other web hosting companies.
- SiteGround hosting plans are stored on cutting-edge Solid State Drive (SSD) technology
- They use NGINX web server technology to speed up your website
- SiteGround SuperCacher allows website speed optimization through Memcached
- Activate free Cloudflare CDN through SiteGround cPanel in few clicks only
- SiteGround hosting plans are updated to the latest PHP version
- Their servers are HTTP/2 enabled.
4. High-Performance WordPress Hosting
SiteGround is the one and only web hosting service that offers managed WordPress hosting on all accounts. This is a special feature that matters a lot when a person is planning to launch a high-quality WordPress website.
Once a user opts for the GrowBig web hosting plan, SiteGround manages all the services such as security, speed, updates, support, and offers enhancement programs to make things simpler for the user.
SiteGround always assures its users about continuous monitoring of WordPress related bugs in order to perfectly protect their site with tailored WAF rules.
Moreover, Daily backups, regular plugin updates, and free WordPress updates make SiteGround GrowBig plan essential for WordPress users.
In this SiteGround GrowBig Review so far, I am sure you understand why they are totally different compared to other hostings. They are stressing only on your website speed & performance optimization, which is the key to create a successful blog in 2019.
5. Free Website Migration
The biggest advantage of SiteGround is their Free Website Transfer service. It is a blessing for bloggers who are struggling with their existing hosting provider and want to move to a world-class hosting company like SiteGround.
You don’t have to pay any fee, unlike Bluehost charges $149 for this activity. If you are an expert in website migration, then it may not be an issue for you, but for beginners or non-technical persons, it is a very difficult task.
6. 30 Days Money Back
Many website owners choose a free web hosting trials to test the performance of other web hosting companies, but SiteGround does not offer any such free trials. Instead, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee in case if a user is not satisfied with their web hosting service.
So we can say that SiteGround is always committed to provide the best experience, and if it fails, it will return all the money that the user has paid for buying the GrowBig web hosting package.
7. eCommerce Features
SiteGround GrowBig plan is the only shared hosting plan which offers solid eCommerce features. Few of them are
- Let’s Encrypt Free SSL — SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL which a user can find and activate in their cPanel.
- Wildcard SSL — GrowBig and GoGeek plan include a wildcard SSL with a free 1-year subscription which secures a site and its respective subdomains while giving the user a site seal to showcase to the end-users.
- Shopping Carts — Users generally gets the support of all major shopping carts in SiteGround GrowBig hosting plan.
So, these are the six main features of SiteGround GrowBig plan. SiteGround GrowBig plan always gets the upper hand among all other web hosting services only because of these amazing features.
Best Managed Hosting Deal: 99% OFF WPX Hosting Black Friday Offer
SiteGround Is The Best & There Are Lots of Social Proofs
They got very positive feedbacks from Industry Experts, like Syed Balkhi of WPBEGGINNER.COM.
In social media like Facebook, you will find many discussions where SiteGround has been recommended by many professionals, bloggers, and internet marketers.
Check this Facebook Poll on Bloggerspassion Group.
Another FB Group blogging network has similar discussions.
This is not the end, there are more social proofs which is making it clear that SiteGround is the best WordPress hosting providers. Even though their renewal charges are high, they have a traffic limit on their plans.
Even I found some awesome discussions on Twitter as well.
FAQs on SiteGround GrowBig plan
I this section, I tried to answer lots of questions related to this SiteGround GrowBig plan. Hope this is helpful. In case you have further questions, you can feel to ask the same by writing a comment below.
How much does SiteGround GrowBig cost? ?
The actual price of SiteGround GrowBig plan is around $19.95/mo. But if you avail this initial 70% discount, you can buy this plan @ $5.95/mo only. But make sure you go fo rat least 3 years to enjoy this discount. This is a one-time discount only and after that, you have to pay @ $19.95/mo only.
Does the GrowBig plan come with one-click installs of major systems?
Yes, SiteGround GrowBig plan comes with 1-click installation software which allows a user to have WordPress running fast, without having to understand MySQL databases, usernames, FTP, etc. You can also ask SieGround support team to help you install WordPress.
What is the difference between GrowBig and GoGeek?
SiteGroundGrowBig plan has less storage, server resources, and doesn’t come with priority support or GIT compared to SiteGround GoGeek Plan.
Is 20GB storage on SiteGround GrowBig plan enough?
5GB storage is enough for most of the people, but SiteGround provides 20GB storage in the GrowBig plan. For hosting only WordPress sites, a user won’t need more than a few GBs because WordPress doesn’t use too much space. So we can say that 20GB storage is more than enough in most of the cases.
Does SiteGround use SSD?
Yes, SiteGround hosting plans offer latest SSD servers with latest PHP version. This makes sure that your website is hosted on highly fast & secure servers.
Does SiteGround provide Cpanel on GrowBig plan?
Yes. SiteGround provides the standard Cpanel on all their hosting plans including GrowBig.
Does GrowBig plan have different server resources than Startup plan of SiteGround?
SiteGround StartUp plan comes with very basic features. But from their GrowBig plan, SiteGround offers some awesome features and server resources to give webmasters enough freedom to host their websites.
Does SiteGround offer monthly billing plan?
When you check SiteGround pricing, you will find the monthly charges like $3.95/mo. But you have to pay for at least 1 year at that charge. You can’t pay month-to-month basis while buying SiteGround GrowBig plan.
Does SiteGround GrowBig offer free Site Builder?
Yes, SiteGround provides free drag and drop site builder on all their plans which includes GrowBig plan as well. But, personally I don’t experiment with many Site-builder, rather I use Thrive Architect to design my few pages like deals page, home page, etc.
Is GrowBig suitable for ~ 25,000 visits monthly?
SiteGround GrowBig Plan is good for a website with max traffic up to 25,000 visits monthly, but this is a general number. It depends on your plugins, traffic, and CPU consumption of your website. If you can optimize your resources well, you can even hold up to traffic 1 lakh page views.
Is there a free domain name included with the GrowBig account?
No, this is just a normal hosting account, and so it does not include a domain name with it although a user can purchase a domain name through SiteGround. If you want to save money on your domain registration, then better to go with Bluehost. But remember, this FREE domain registration is only for the first year, after that you have to pay the domain renewal price.
Can I host multiple websites on GrowBig?
Yes, you can host multiple websites on SiteGround GrowBig Plan. When the StartUp plan only allows to host 1 website, which is not at all good.
Is SSL Free with SiteGround GrowBig Plan?
Yes, SiteGround offers Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate FREE with every hosting plan. But from GrowBig plan onward they also give Wildcard SSL free 1 year which is good for eCommerce website owners.
How many daily backup is allowed in SiteGround GrowBig plan?
The best part of SiteGround plans is their free backup feature. To keep your website highly secure you must have a FREE backup feature. Although the majority of hosting providers charges for that, SiteGround offer FREE backup. Although for StartUp there is some limitation, for GrowBig plan you will get every day 1 backup FREE.
Is SiteGround better than Godaddy?
GoDaddy offers cheap & affordable hosting compared to SiteGround. But SiteGround offers a lot of features, latest speed technology, better support and high-quality security at a very competitive price. If the price is the only concern, you may go for GoDaddy, but if you want a quality hosting the SiteGround is far better than GoDaddy.
Is SiteGround expensive?
The entry price for SiteGround is almost the same as other popular web hosting price. But SiteGround renewal charges quite high compared to others. That’s why I always recommend going for 36 months or 3 years hosting as I did & saved more than $500 for the next 3 years.
Which is better Bluehost or SiteGround?
Bluehost is quite popular & #1 in the list of recommended hosting. But when we talk about quality hosting with the best support, SiteGround wins the battle in many ways. E.g. SiteGround offers FREE website migration service when Bluehost charges $149 per website.
How do I request a free migration from SiteGround?
To request a free migration from SiteGround, open a support ticket and you will see a website transfer option. Provide SiteGround with the details of your old hosting, and they will take care of the migration.
SiteGround cPanel Demo (Easy To Use)
SiteGround has changed their cPanel dashboard recently. For old accounts like me, it looks like below. But right now you will find a very easy to friendly account.
Let me share a detailed walkthrough of SiteGround new cPanel dashboard and how to set up a website. SiteGround 100% fulfilling the criteria of a Good Webhosting company. Just watch this video before proceeding further. I am sure you will be able to understand why I recommend SiteGround to WordPress bloggers.
👉 How To Set Up A New Website on SiteGround (Step By Step Guide)
First of all, I am assuming that you have purchased a SiteGround plan as per your needs. If not then you can 👉 use this link to get a 70% discount on SiteGround plan. You will get an email with your login details and then log in to your SiteGround account. As soon as you log in to your SiteGround account, you will find a screen like below.
Click on the websites tab and you will find a New Website button o the right side. As I said, SiteGround created a dummy account for us to add new SiteGround cPanel Dashboard screenshots.
On click, you will see a screen like below. Click on the new domain if you want to buy a domain from SiteGround. If you have any existing domain then you can use that also. Just you have to update your domain DNS with the SiteGround nameserver details. There is another option for a Temporary Domain, check that to try SiteGround hosting.
Anyway, let’s proceed with the Domain name and on the next screen, it will ask you to Start New Website or Migrate Website. If you are switching web hosting plans, then SiteGround Free Site Transfer is amazing. You just have to provide your website login details to them and they will do the complete migration.
If you are not happy with your hosting plan, then this is the time to switch to SiteGround. And you don’t have to worry about your website as SiteGround will help you to move your website without any downtime. Now click on Migrate Website -> Select.
You will find 2 options: WordPress Automigration & Professional Migration. Well, if you are confident enough to do that you can go for the first option. But still, I would say, it is good to take the professional Migration option as they will take care of the entire headache. As soon as you select the 2nd option, a form will open to provide access to your website.
Here don’t provide your access. Rather create a different user and provide that access. Don’t worry as they are very professional and they will not harm your website. Better you ask them and get such queries clarified.
Well, if you are adding a new website, then follow the below steps. Click on the Start New Website and choose WordPress from the below 4 options. You can install WordPress on your domain without worrying about much.
Next, it will ask you to provide your email id & password. Provide the details you want to access your website. And then press the continue button.
You will get a screen like below. No need to add SG Site Scanner right now. Just click the Finish button.
You will find a screen like below. That means your website is getting ready and WordPress is getting installed on the domain that you have added on SiteGround.
Generally, you should get a success message on the screen. But I didn’t get that. Maybe you will also not get the same. In that case, you may get a similar screen like below on the successful installation of WordPress on your blog.
After a few minutes check your email. You will get an email from SiteGround like below.
Open the email and read the details carefully. You can see that the new SiteGround Name Server details that you have to add on your domain settings. Otherwise, your website will not work. I have not updated that for this dummy website they created for us.
Here is how you can change your DNS or name server of your Domain on a GoDaddy. My domain is with GoDaddy only. This can be different for websites. So make sure you update the details you get on your email only.
Conclusion: Why SiteGround GrowbBig Is Best Hosting Plan For Bloggers in 2020?
After going through the entire article, a user will understand that SiteGround GrowBig plan is really a great value for money for your WordPress blog.
I wrote this SiteGround GrowBig review guide after using their hosting for a few months, and I can say that it is a value for money hosting provider. Here are the reasons to buy a GrowBig plan, compared to the StartUP plan.
- You will get more disk space. 20GB with GrowBig & 30GB GoGeek.
- You can host multiple websites, in fact unlimited. But it is good to host fewer websites to get the best performance of your websites. I have hosted on 3 websites on my SiteGround GoGeek plan where this is the main blog and besides that, I have one subdomain for Black Friday 2019 Deals and another micro-niche blog on SiteGround hosting.
- If you need better support. You will get priority support with SiteGround GoGeek plan which is awesome to get your issues resolved anytime.
- If you have a heavy design website, then you can host that website on the GoGeek plan and enjoy the best performance.
- If your website is growing traffic, you can host your website on the GoGeek plan as that plan has a monthly traffic limit of 1 lakh/month.
- If you have an eCommerce website, then you can enjoy premium quality wildcard SSL or PCI compliance.
- You can enjoy a staging facility for better website performance.
You can always upgrade to SiteGround GoGeek or Cloud plans. If your website grows exponentially, then it is good to try the SiteGround advanced plans. But to start a website from scratch, SiteGround GrowBig plan is worth trying.
So, if you are seeking a web hosting plan with the better performance the SiteGround GrowBig plan is highly recommended. You just have to sign up with SiteGround and then ask their support team to migrate your website to their hosting.
It is a very smooth journey with SiteGround and feeling my website is in safe hands. As you can reach to their highly technically skilled customer support agents anytime. They will make sure your issue is going to be resolved asap.
Before finishing this SiteGround GrowBig review, I just want to share again why I SiteGround is a totally unique shared hosting providers compared to others.
- SiteGroud is voted as #1 web hosting in many Facebook Polls.
- SiteGround servers are updated to the latest PHP version.
- Their latest SPEED technology will make sure your website is hosted on trusted servers.
- SiteGround has a track record of delivering 100% uptime.
- SiteGround Supercacher and SG Optimizer plugin will help you to speed up my website.
- SiteGround offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.
- Activate Free Cloudflare from SiteGround cPanel itself.
- They offer FREE website transfer service.
- SiteGround offers 4 different Data centers to choose from.
- SiteGround offers FREE backup which is enough to make sure your website secure.
- SiteGround support team is very much knowledgeable & response time almost nil.
- SiteGround 70% Discount is applicable on every hosting term you buy.
If you find this SiteGround GrowbBig review 2020 useful, then feel free to share this in your social media profiles. Also, do not hesitate to ask your question by writing a comment below.
SiteGround GrowBig Review 2020 (Affordable WordPress Hosting For Your Blog @ $5.95/mo Only)
This website is hosted on SiteGround GrowBig plan from November 2018. I bought this using 75% OFF SiteGround Black Friday sale in 2018. That's why I am in
Price Currency: USD