You are confused among Thrive Leads & OptinMonster, that’s why you are here. Well, you are at the right place, as I will help you to decide the best email list building plugin for WordPress.
OptinMonster and Thrive leads are the two most powerful opt-in form builder and lead capture plugins or tools available in the market. Although Thrive Leads is comparatively new in the market, they have done enough damage to evolve as a best OptinMonster alternatives.
As a WordPress blogger, I found both of these lead captures plugs awesome. But, I took some time to understand which one is best for me among Thrive Leads Vs OptinMonster. Let’s find out my detailed comparison of these 2 tools.
Thrive Leads Vs OptinMonster (Which Lead Capture Pugin Is Best For WordPress)
There are various advantages & disadvantages of both the plugins and at the same time both are simply awesome in their own ways. Then how to choose between OptinMonster or Thrive Leads?
Here are the key features that will help you to choose the best one. You need any one of them to kick start with your email list building activity & there is doubt about that. So, make sure you spend enough time to decide the best.
1. Which Lead capture plugin is more popular?
There is no doubt about OptinMonster’s popularity in the market. They are in this market from quite a long time and many professional & agencies are recommending them. 700,000+ websites are using OptinMonster to turn their traffic into leads, conversions, and sales.
On the other hand, Thrive Leads is quite new but has done very well in this short span of time. Thrive Leads is quite simple and comparative less complicated while handling. Their features are perfect for an individual blogger to start building an email list from scratch.
2. You need only for WordPress or Other platforms too?
Yes, if you are a WordPress blogger then you will find Thrive Leads perfectly suitable for your everyday need. As this product is specially designed for self-hosted WordPress platforms only.
But if your website is hosted on different platforms like Drupal, Magento, Joomla, Shopify, Blogger, Weebly, Squarespace, Tumblr, etc then there is no alternative of OptinMonster. Without any doubt, OptinMonster is the best tool with lots of advanced features.
3. Easy to use templates (Both are awesome)
Both OptinMonster & Thrive Leads comes with ready to use templates. This is very good to start with and shows awesome popups without doing much effort. But comparatively, I found Thrive Leads less complex and easy to design with Thrive Architect.
As I am using Thrive Architect to design my landing pages, I found it very cool to change the existing Sign-Up forms. Thrive Themes is the perfect toolbox for a blogger to enjoy lots of plugins to build a conversion optimized website.
Also Check How To Save 25% On Thrive Membership Plan
4. Easy integrations with every email marketing service platforms
5. Advanced List Building Features
Both the tools are awesome when you are looking for advanced features. Here are some cool features that you would like to use while building an engaging email list.
- Creating an Exit-intent popup
- After content forms
- Opt-in widget
- Content lock
- Inline forms
- Screen filter
- Scroll mat
- Yes/no forms
- Social media lightbox
- Multiple choice forms
- Mobile-specific lightbox
These all features are available with Thrive Leads. But you will miss these features in basic plans of OptinMonster. All these features are available on OptinMonster higher pricing plans.
In case you are looking for Custom e-commerce lightbox, then you have to go for OptinMonster only.
6. A/B Testing Features
If you want to know what kind of conversion form works best for you, then you need A/B testing feature. Both of them has everything about A/B testing. But Thrive Leads has edge over OptinMonster with few more features mentioned below.
- A/B testing different opt-in types
- A/B testing triggers
- Set and forget automatic A/B test winner option
- Integrated analytics
- Automatic traffic optimization during tests
7. No Smart exit for OptinMonster
SmartExit+ makes it possible to trigger the exit intent only when certain conditions are met. SmartExit+ grabs your carpenter-turned reader by the collar and presents them with the chosen opt-in form on exit intent.
Another visitor might be quite happy to browse your website until they see your opt-in form after 15 seconds. SmartExit+ knows this and lets your visitor leave with no further annoyances.
If you want to use something more than a typical Exit-intent, then try Thrive Leads.
8. Special treatment for Newsletter Subscribers
Thrive Leads has some extraordinary features, which is completely missing in OptinMonster.
- Hide Lightboxes for newsletter subscribers
- Hide all opt-in forms for newsletter subscribers
- Show different offers to newsletter subscribers
- Reaches specific content triggers opt-in form
9. Drag & Drop form builder
If you love to design a Drag & Drop form builder platform, then you must go for Thrive Leads. OptinMonster has a lot of ready to use templates for your email list building campaign. But to design a new template using the Drag & Drop form builder is only possible with Thrive Leads.
10. Thrive Leads Pricing Vs OptinMonster Pricing
This is the point where I found Thrive Leads to a perfect product for me. As I don’t like products much with recurring charges. Of course without compromising the quality. In this case, Thrive Leads won the battle as you just have to pay a one-time payment. Where, in case of OptinMonster you have to pay monthly or annual billing cycle.
Thrive Leads Pricing
- $67 for 1 website
- $97 for 5 websites
- $147 for 15 websites
You can also join Thrive Membership plan @ $19/mo only. Avail a 24% discount on annual billing, which is highly profitable for every affiliate marketer & blogger.
OptinMonster comes with 4 different plans with monthly billing & annual billing option.
- Basic: $9/mo (billed annually)
- Plus: $19/mo (billed annually)
- Pro: $29/mo (billed annually)
- Growth: $49/mo (billed annually)
Note: OptinMonster plans are subject to renew every year. There is no one-time fee for OptinMonster. If you want to save more, follow OptinMonster Black Friday 2019 Deal to get maximum discount.
11. Lifelong Updates
As Thrive Leads charges only a one-time fee, they are also giving you a lifetime update access as well. Means, you just have to pay $67 one-time for 1 website and get all their future updates for the rest of your life. Simply amazing.
In the case of OptinMonster, you will eligible for updates until you continue with their subscription. Renew this to every year and enjoy their updates always.
12. Money Back Guarantee
Thrive Leads provides a 30-day money back guarantee and OptinMonster will give you 14 days money back guarantee.
Let’s Take a Look At Key Features (Proc & Cons)
OptinMonster Review (Who should buy this)
Have a website other than WordPress also? Shopify, Drupal, Joomla, Wix, Medium, etc then this is for you.
OptinMonster is there in the market for a long time and gradually they have grown as one of the most powerful cloud-based apps now. One can easily enjoy the countless features, design their own email opt-in forms and play with many more core features to start building their email list from day one.
- It is easy to integrate into a WordPress website using dedicated plugins for API and authentication.
- OptinMonster is available for all website platforms that are built on HTML and not only WordPress.
- OptinMonster has a lot of built-in conversation optimization tools and a list of features.
- OptinMonster is not the most affordable solution as it is not cost-effective.
- The basic plan of OptinMonster only gives one access to very limited features.
- With OptinMonster, there are limited elements which are available in the form of the builder.
- The OptinMonster forms are usually ready to use the form and cannot be edited.
Thrive Leads Review (Mainly for WordPress bloggers)
On the other hand, Thrive Leads in a very short period of time gained a very good name in the market of top lead capture plugins. Not only that due to their pricing structure they are giving OptinMonster a tough fight and growing as best OptinMonster alternatives for beginners.
- Thrive Leads have ready-made templates that can be customized and edited.
- It has a one-time affordable payment which gives full access to the plugin plans.
- The Thrive membership or developer plan is available to Web designers.
- There’s full conversion analysis, reports, and metrics.
- Thrive Leads is easy to integrate into a WordPress website with the use of dedicated plugins.
- It is only available for WordPress self-hosted sites.
- The user interface of the Thrive Leads which appears attractive tends to be confusing at times until you are familiar with it.
Which is Best: OptinMonster Or Thrive Leads
Frankly speaking, if you are using any of the thrive themes product special a premium WP themes form them, then it would really awesome to go with thrive leads only. As you can easily integrate the plugin and enjoy all the benefits without any hassle.
If we are concerned about pricing, thrive leads is a clear-cut winner. As you can simply buy thrive leads for a single site by paying a one-time fee of $67 only.
But if you want to follow the recommendation of the top internet marketers and bloggers, then OptinMonster is the best solution for your online business to start building your first email list. Although they are a little costly, as you use this awesome tool you can easily understand the worth of your investment.
Another thing is that Thrive Leads will work like another WordPress plugin only, which needs a self-hosted WordPress site. But you’ll be able to use OptinMonster on any CMS such as Shopify, Prestashop, Drupal, etc other than WordPress.
- In case you’re using another CMS, OptinMonster is probably a good solution for you.
- You have a self-hosted WordPress website, then Thrive Leads is the best solution for building your email list.
So, read the comparison among OptinMonster vs Thrive Leads carefully and choose any one of them as they both are very powerful and have so many killer features to help you to grow your email list with time.