Want to get some idea about real-time SEO? Then what can be better than a case study from an SEO expert? I have collated a list of 15 best SEO case studies to help you learn how SEO works in real time projects.
All of these case studies are discussed in a manner that even a newbie can get the needed insights.
So, let’s get started.
Successful SEO Case Studies that will Inspire
1. The 9-Step SEO Strategy for 2019 [NEW]
If you are not aware, then let me tell you that Backlinko is the only SEO blog where you will find every article is a case study only. I was confused about which Backlinko SEO case studies to include? As every article is a masterpiece. But then I found this one updated with latest SEO strategies for 2019 worth mentioning here. Some important points he has discussed here are:
- Try to find out Opportunity Keywords with a high organic click-through-rate (CTR).
- Analysis the SERP results for a keyword and then try to create the best replacement using the Skyscraper Technique or produce something totally different.
- Keep your on-page SEO score very high following all the basics.
To read the complete Backlinko SEO case study, Click Here.
2. SEO Case Study: Zero to 100,000 Visitors in 12 Months
Search Engine Land is one of the most popular SEO blogs of all time. You can get updated with every small news of the SEO industry. I found this successful SEO case study to bring Zero to 100,000 visitors in 12 months awesome. They took some strong actions to meet this target. And few of them are:
- They used SEMRush to find out the traffic value and manual research to keyword competition.
- Listed the already ranked search results for their targetted keywords.
- After that, they came up with very high-quality content with custom-built graphics, clear, concise, compelling copy, original photography, optimal formatting etc.
- Then started building links for that article from different ways.
- Further, they created strategic content to support & create a cloud of relevant articles.
To read one of the best SEO case studies from SEJ, Click Here.
3. SEO Case Study: 6-Step Process That Generated 150,732 Visits
Robbierichards.com is my another most preferred SEO blog as I found the articles goldmine to learn different practical SEO techniques. On his recent organic SEO case study, Robbie shared a detailed 6-step guide to achieve the #1 ranking in Google for one website [one of his reader’s client]. He was able to outrank big name brands like Mashable, and increased organic traffic by 11,065% in just 6 months! Here are some key takeaways:
- Proper keyword research is the first & crucial step.
- Create content with 100% on-page SEO optimized.
- Promote the content on different platforms like Quora, Forum marketing, Social media automation, Scoop.it etc.
- They followed some actionable link building techniques like Reverse engineered competitor link profiles, Identified competitor link gaps, Pitched weekly roundups, Pitched resources/links pages etc.
To read the complete Robbie Richards SEO case study, Click Here.
4. Google Search Ranking SEO Case Study: How Long Does It Take To Rank For A Keyword
Anil Agrawal is one of the close blogging friends. He has recently shared an SEO case study about how he has ranked an article in 90 days to Google first page. He has researched on the topic using SEMrush and listed out all the targetted keywords. This one is very detailed and easy to understand. Some key points from this white-hat SEO case-study are:
- Spend quality time in coming up with better keyword ideas
- Longer blog posts rank well in Google search
- Backlinks are vital
- As soon as his article got ranked in top 3, it started getting traffic for many other keywords also
To read the complete BloggersPassion SEO case study, Click Here.
5. 2019 Ongoing SEO Case Study | How We’re Growing Linkio into An Authority Site
If you are planning to start an authority website, my vote is always with you. I always prefer to work on an authority website, rather than micro niche sites. Of course, micro niche sites are profitable, but if you have already build your authority website then you can definitely try. For a newbie blogger, you must check this awesome SEO case study to build an authority website from scratch.
- The backlink building process looks awesome and planned.
- They contacted many influencers to get authority mentions.
- Wrote in-depth detailed content to target their marketing & business products
- Tracking their keywords continuously and giving more efforts accordingly.
To read the complete Linkio SEO case study, Click Here.
6. How to Properly Use Expired Domains as PBNs (SEO Case Study)
Have you heard about expired domains for the first time? Do you know how to utilize an expired domain and build a money-making a profitable website quickly? Then I am sure you will find this awesome expired domain SEO case study worthy to read.A huge number of grey hat SEOs are using expired domains as their main source of PBNs. Click To Tweet
To read the complete Diggity Marketing SEO case study, Click Here.
7. Ahrefs’ Study Of 2 Million Featured Snippets: 10 Important Takeaways
How to get into Google’s zero position? This is one of the best places to get your article, even if your article is not #1 in search ranking. Yes, Google gives special preference to one of the top 10 ranked articles of Google’s first page. Ahrefs is one of my favorite SEO blogs out of many, their SEO case studies are awesome. You will find many industry SEO experts took part in their discussions. A couple of key to points from this article (one of the best SEO case studies from Ahrefs) are:
- 99.58% positive that Google only features pages that already rank in the top 10.
- A featured snippet is stealing clicks from the #1 ranking result
To read the complete ahrefs SEO case study, Click Here.
8. A Case Study of Winning in Local SEO
Every Local SEO project is different, which means you can’t run from an SEO checklist, fix the issues, and move onto the next client. – SEMrush
If you want to learn or understand how local SEO works in real-time, then I think this SEMrush SEO case study is the perfect content for you to learn the basics of Local SEO.
To read the complete local SEO case study, Click Here.
9. SEO Case Study: 141% More Organic Traffic
Gotch SEO is one of my top SEO blogs who share practical SEO tips. Specifically for link building, you will find his articles very helpful. Nathan Gotch shared this case study of his client where he helped them grow and attract 141% more organic traffic. Few of the key actions he took:
- Create SEO content that attracts backlinks.
- Promote the content so that it actually gets backlinks.
- Find keyword ideas, analyze the competitors, and have the client approve the keywords
- Optimize the target page(s) for those keywords
- Perform an SEO audit to identify all on-site technical issues and off-site backlink issues
- Fix all issues found within the SEO audit
To read the complete Gotch SEO case study, Click Here.
10. How To Build A Web 2.0 Private Blog Network To Increase Rankings
Matthew Woodward is one of the best SEO experts in this industry. In his blog, you will find so many useful articles explaining different tricks & methods. He tried so many SEO tools and methods to build a profitable website from scratch. I found this Web 2.0 link building case study awesome. This is, in fact, one of the best SEO case studies from him. Matthew has majorly explained around below points:
- How to build a strong private blog network with web 2.0 sites
- How to set up expired Tumblrs within minutes
- How to scrape expired web 2.0 sites
- How to create as many powerful web 2.0 backlinks as you want
- Why this works so well and gets results
To read the complete Matthew Woodward SEO case study, Click Here.
11. [Case Study] Testing The Skyscraper Technique
Skyscraper Technique is the most popular content creation technique to rank higher in Google. It was first done by Brian Dean of Backlinko. He has already shared a detailed case study, but I was looking for someone else who has tested this technique and got the desired result. And then I found this awesome case study from SEONick.
To read the complete SEOnick SEO case study, Click Here.
12. White Hat SEO Case Study: 1,000+ Daily Visitors (In < 6 Months)
Which link building works best among Black Hat Vs White Hat? Do you have single doubt on this? This white hat link building case study is the perfect one for beginners to understand from where to start and how to start. This is a very simple and step by step case study of creating a successful Amazon Affiliate website.
I learned the basic steps to rank a website in 3 simple steps.
- Create great content which will solve users queries
- Promote your content in every platform to reach your target audience
- Get quality mention or backlink to your money articles
To read the complete Amazon SEO case study, Click Here.
13. Negative SEO Impact in 2019 (Case Study)
When SEO is doing all good for your website, there is something called negative SEO which can ruin your website also. Yes, if you are not aware of every single thing to safeguard your online business then your business is at risk. This is one of the best SEO case studies about negative SEO and is a must read for every blogger to understand how to handle such cases.After the Penguin update by Google, it was easier for black hat SEOs to shine their business. They have suppressed many competitors websites in exchange for money.Click To Tweet
To read the complete Negative SEO case study, Click Here.
14. E-commerce SEO Guide: How Online Stores Can Drive Organic Traffic in 2019
When eCommerce business is booming, they are struggling to get their pages to rank higher. Did not get me? People are making money by creating Amazon affiliate websites and ranking for the product which is already listed on Amazon. Even though with so much authority, Amazon is not able to rank high for that product. That means, there is a huge improvement scope of on-page SEO for that product page. This is just an example.A study by Outbrain shows that search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%.Click To Tweet
To read the complete eCommerce SEO case study, Click Here.
15. How to Increase Your Search Traffic Without Building Links
Who doesn’t know Neil Patel! He is the most renowned Digital Marketer all over the world. I like this case study as it will tell you how to rank your website without building a single backlink. Building quality backlinks take huge time & effort. That’s why this is a must read article for every blogger.
To read the complete Neilpatel SEO case study, Click Here.
Best SEO Case Studies of 2019: Conclusion
So, these are some of the best SEO case studies that actually worked in 2019. Which one is your favorite?
Please feel free to share if you have any other amazing SEO case study that I missed. Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter & other social media platforms and make them aware of these awesome practical examples of SEO case studies.
15 Best SEO Case Studies 2019 (Examples of How To Do SEO)